Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rainy day sets us back a day or so setting up camp. :(

I LOVE that this duvet cover has ample room to fit a 8" thick futon mattress! :)

I love love love this new faucet!  It has a pull-out AND soap dispenser!  Yippee!  :)
Wheeew!  Well we actually got the ol' girl from Michigan to Upstate NY with only a blown cab heater.  Yeah, it was COLD!  We had to stop several times to park and turn on the propane/heater but eventually made it safe and sound!  We have finished replacing the faucets and adding a few more decorative touches.  The dinette bench cushions have been replaced with outdoor furniture cushions from Meiers in Michigan and the jackknife sofa cushions were replaced with a comfy 8" futon mattress, covered with my favorite duvet cover.  Wahlah!  It looks like a new RV!  (At least on the inside).  Now to get the "NEW" awning and propane heater to work correctly (unrolling the awning would be awesome and having a heater that didn't sound like a helicopter on your head would be nice).  Beware of some of these RV repair techs!  Aaaagh!  Still happier with our little home on wheels than we were before tho! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! What beautiful decorating you've done...absolutely love it! So sorry I am delayed in my reply over at http://cheap-rv-living.com - we did come up with a super-cheap solution to the motorhome windshield curtains, and I posted the answer there. Let's keep in touch...we have a lot in common, for sure! Robin and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin and Jim!
    I love what you've done with your remodel too! It gave me such inspiration! I couldn't find pics of your windshield curtains tho. Can you post them here? I wanted to do the same thing but our curtain hardware requires strange little square doodads that are snapped somehow into the fabric. Those slide on to a brown plastic track. What did you use for the tracking? The RV store I have been to have not been any help, aside from trying to sell me special order replacement curtains. Aaagh! :-)

    ReplyDelete